Divorce doesn’t have to be ugly.
As an attorney, relationship coach, and someone who has gone through divorce, Shela understands at the deepest level how costly—emotionally and financially—divorce can be. As painful as breaking up a marriage may be, it doesn’t have to be financially or emotionally devastating. It doesn’t have to be ugly if the parties take the point of view that each should be left in the best possible position to build a new life. The advantages are:
- Litigation costs will be less. Attorneys’ fees and court costs can add up quickly. When a couple divorces, each of them lose not half but as much as 70% of their net worth.
- You will minimize the time it takes to navigate the court system. The longer it takes, the more likely a couple is to end up arguing.
- You will have less stress and anxiety when you approach your divorce from a collaborative point of view.
- You are more likely to reach a settlement based on compromise and fair play, one that you can both live with, rather than a court-ordered settlement that may make both of you unhappy.
- You have more control over the outcome. You can voice your opinions and know that you will be heard.
- It’s better for the children. Divorce is tough on kids, regardless of their age. When, however, they see their parents behaving like adults and resolving their issues amicably, it’s easier on everyone involved.
- And more
If, after giving your marriage its best shot, divorce is the answer for you, let Shela help you get through it in a way that leaves both of you emotionally and financially in tact.